All About Your Rock Slim 70B:
All About Your 70 Volt:
The Rockville Rock Slim 70B is the commercial 70 volt version of our super popular Rockslim series of speakers. These speakers feature the slimmest design available on the market along with the easiest installation. They will enhance the décor of any store, restaurant, hotel, or other commercial space. With the included bracket which is molded into the speaker, installation is easier than hanging a picture. The Recessed spring-loaded wire terminals and the molded speaker wire grooves seamlessly hide all the wires behind the speaker.
What is 70 volt ?
70 volt systems are the number one choice for applications where you want to install many speakers. With 70 volt there are a lot of advantages over 8-ohm systems. One of the main advantages is the simplicity of the wiring as well as how easy it is to match up speakers with the amplifier. For example, you can buy one 70V amplifier with 150 watts and you can install speakers that total around 120 watts. It does not matter if it is 15 speakers that are 8 watts each or 30 speakers that are tapped at 4 watts each. You always want your 70 volt amp to have at least 15 to 20% more power than the combined watts your speakers are tapped at.
When we say the word tap, we are referring to the rear of these speakers where you can use the 4 watt or 8 watt inputs. What this does is limit how many watts the built-in transformer on the speaker will allow the speaker to get from the amplifier. This gives you full customization over the sound for your space. In a restaurant for example you can tap your dining room speakers at 8 watts, and the hallway or bathroom speakers at 4 watts.
Another great feature with 70 volt is you can mix and match any 70 volt speakers whether they are ceiling speakers, wall mounted speakers, subwoofers, etc. 70 volt systems allow you to run very long lines of speaker wire without signal loss. This is ideal when running long speaker leads.
The wiring is simple. You just wire all the positive terminals of the speakers to the positive 70 volt terminals of the amplifier. The negative terminals on the speaker simply get wired to the negative terminals on the amp. You do not have to worry about impedance. The power is constant.
70V Power Options:
- Pair of Rockville RockSlim 70B 70 Volt Commercial Speakers in Black
- Built in 70 Volt transformer with Inputs for 8 watts or 4 watts
- Easy wall mount brackets
- 5.25” Woofer with Paper Cone has Natural Sound Reproduction with Clear Mids and Bass
- (2) separate input terminals allow you to select 4 watts or 8 watts (70 volt)
- 0.5” Mylar dome tweeter delivers pristine highs
- Sensitivity: 89 dB
- Frequency Response (±3db): 100Hz - 20kHz
- Cabinet Material: ABS
- Color: Black
- Shielded grill offers additional protection from dust and damage
- Easily hangs on your wall – Just as easy as hanging a picture!
- Hanging bracket is molded into the speaker
- Recessed spring-loaded speaker wire terminals make it easy to hide wires
- Molded speaker wire groove makes it easy to run speaker wires behind the speaker
- Beautiful sleek design is perfect for a living room, bedroom, kitchen, restaurant, and more
- Color: Black
- Product Dimensions: 10.8" x 7.3" x 1.38" inches
- Product Weight: 2 Lbs. (Per Speaker)
- Speaker Wire Length: 11.8 Feet