Video of WET Series:
How to Set Up Your 70 Volt Speakers:
All About Your 70 Volt:
This speaker features swivel brackets that allow you to mount the speaker to your wall. Attaching the speaker to the swivel bracket is quick and easy. Simply slide the speaker on to the bracket and tighten the knobs with a quick turn.Changing the swivel position is just as easy. You simply loosen the Knobs to change the position of the speaker while it is on the bracket.
These speakers are IPX55 rated. This means you can install them indoors or outdoors. They can withstand heavy rain, moisture, sun,dust, and even jet streams of water hitting the speaker from multiple angles. We went above and beyond in terms of product development to get these speakers IPX55 rated. The cabinets were upgraded to a high-end waterproof ABS material. In addition, we added a special cloth material to the speaker to blockwater from going entering the vent. The grill is made of aluminum and will never rust from outdoors use. We used Stainless steel brackets to ensure that the brackets wouldn’t rust either. Even the speaker wire terminals are waterproof and rustproof!
Vented design has kicking bass!
This is one of the only indoor/outdoor 70V speakers on the market with a vented design and an IPX55 rating. These will give you amazing bass response and great full range sound quality at low or high volume.
What is 70 volt ?
70 volt systems are the number one choice for applications where you want to install many speakers. With 70 volt there are a lot of advantages over 8-ohm systems. One of the main advantages is the simplicity of the wiring as well as how easy it is to match up speakers with the amplifier. For example, you can buy one 70V amplifier with 350 watts and you can install speakers that total close to 300 watts. It does not matter if it is 15 speakers that are 20 watts each or 50 speakers that are tapped at 5 watts each. You always want your 70 volt amp to have at least 15 or 20% more power than the combined watts your speakers are tapped at.
When we say the word tap, what we are referring to are the selectors these speakers have on them. For example, these speakers have selectable options of 2.5w, 5w, 10w, 20w. What this does is limit how many watts the built-in transformer on the speaker will allow the speaker to get from the amplifier. This gives you full customization over the sound for your space. In a restaurant for example you can tap your dining room speakers at 5 watts, the speakers by the bar area at 20 watts, and the ones in the hallway at 2.5 watts.
Another great feature with 70 volt is you can mix and match any 70 volt speakers whether they are ceiling speakers, wall mounted speakers, subwoofers, etc.
70 volt systems allow you to run very long lines of speaker wire without signal loss. This is ideal when running long speaker leads.
The wiring is simple. You just wire all the positive terminals of the speakers to the positive 70 volt terminals of the amplifier. The negative terminals on the speaker simply get wired to the negative terminals on the amp. You do not have to worry about impedance. The power is constant.
- Rockville Wet-6B 6.5" Commercial/Restaurant 70V or 8 Ohm Wall Mount Speaker
- IPX55 rating makes this perfect for outdoor use or indoor use
- IPX55 means this can withstand jet streams spraying it from any angle without any damage
- Rugged ABS cabinet is waterproof
- Vented enclosure with waterproof vent (water can’t get in but sound can get out)
- Aluminum grill is waterproof and rustproof
- Waterproof protective cloth blocks water from going into the vent
- Swivel wall bracket with quick release and tightening knobs
- Weather resistant
- 6.5” Woofer with Polypropylene cone
- 1” Mylar dome tweeter is very efficient and has great sound
- Frequency Response: 60Hz – 20Khz
- Sensitivity: 88dB
- RMS Power: 50w (when using 8 ohm)
- Nominal impedance: 8 Ohm
- 5-way binding post terminals
- Built in transformer supports 70V and 100V installations
- Built in tap switch to easily select your 70V or 100V power
- Color: Black
- Weight: 6.8 Lbs each
- Cabinet dimensions: 11.4” x 8.5” x 9.4”
There is a tap switch on the speaker so you can easily select how many watts you want the speaker to get from the amp.
70V Power Options:
100V Power Options:
8 Ohm power handling: