CEA Compliant Legitimate Power Ratings!
Power = Amount of power the sub can handle for a burst during the
loudest point during a song. This number is not as important as the RMS power. This subwoofer has 1,200 watts peak which is a lot of power for a
small 8" subwoofer.
RMS Power = The Program RMS power the way most middle of the road brands on the
market rate their products. This sub can handle 600 watts program power. So for example a 600 watt Program RMS Hifonics amplifier will work
perfectly with one of these.
Rated Power = This is an official tested rating by a specific industry
standard. This is the way the top brands in the industry such as Kicker, Rockford, etc rate their items. This subwoofer is 350 watts
RMS CEA rated. This rating is measured at a very specific distortion level. You can feel confident matching this with a high end amplifier
from Kicker, or Rockford, or any other high end brand that uses CEA compliant ratings.
We supply all 3 ratings so that you can compare prices of our product to any brand on the market and also so you can confidently match this subwoofer to amplifiers from many other brands.
Utilizing a sophisticated “High-BL” motor structure together with a large-diameter, progressive-roll spider provides increased linearity and superior overall sound quality. A vented core magnet motor structure with extra thick back & top plates allows for full voice-coil extended peak-to-peak excursion, creating ultra deep bass response. Engineered with a special aluminum alloy high-temperature voice coil winding around the high-mass vented pole piece, helps to keep the woofers cool even when your music gets “hot”!
The Rockville W8K7-D2 is CEA-2031 compliant and rated with an amazing 1200 watts peak and 300 watts CEA RMS. That means you are getting 100% accurate RMS power ratings. These days lots of brands have competitions over how many thousands of watts they can write on the box of their items. The problem is you do not know what you are getting from them. It is easy to print a box that says 2,000 watts Max. Our subwoofers are rated in the same way that other famous brands rate their products. We also feel our manufacturing engineers are the best. The sound quality on our Rockville subs are just amazing. Our engineers who design the subwoofers are all in in the USA and have over 30 years experience manufacturing car audio.
K7 Woofer Features:
- Rockville W8K7-D2 8" 1200 Watt Dual 4-Ohm Car Subwoofer
- Power Handling: 1200 Watts Peak
- Power Handling: 600 Watts Program RMS (brands like Hifonics use this)
- Power Handling: 300 Watts RMS CEA Rated (brands like Kicker use this)
- Fiber Reinforced Ultra Stiff Paper Composite Cone
- Inverted Poly Concave Dust Cap
- Expanded and Rolled Steel Basket
- High Density Double Laminated Foam Surround
- Ultra Saturated, High BL Magnetic Motor Gap
- Magnet Motor Heatsink with Heat Pump Cooling Technology
- Aero Style Oversized Magnet Motor Vent
- High Temperature 4 Layer Aluminum Voice Coil Former
- Dual Layer Linear Progressive Conex Spiders
- Magnet Protection Rubber Band
- Dual Nickel Plated Spring Loaded Push Terminals
- Impedance: DVC 4 Ohm
- Cutout Diameter: 7.2 Inches
- Mounting Depth: 4 Inches
- Frequency Response: 28 Hz to 750 Hz
- Sensitivity: 90dB @ 1w/1m