CEA Compliant Legitimate Power Ratings!
Power = Amount of power the sub can handle for a burst during the
loudest point during a song. This number is not as important as the RMS
power. This subwoofer has 1,800 watts peak which is a lot of power for a
small 12" subwoofer.
RMS Power = The Program RMS power the way most middle of the road
brands on the market rate their products. This sub can handle 900 watts
program power. So for example a 900 watt Program RMS Hifonics amplifier
will work perfectly with one of these.
Rated Power = This is an official tested rating by a specific industry
standard. This is the way the top brands in the industry such as Kicker,
Rockford, etc rate their items. This subwoofer is 450 watts RMS CEA
rated. This rating is measured at a very specific distortion level. You
can feel confident matching this with a high end amplifier from Kicker,
or Rockford, or any other high end brand that uses CEA compliant
We supply all 3 ratings so that you can compare prices of our product to any brand on the market and also so you can confidently match this subwoofer to amplifiers from many other brands.
Utilizing a sophisticated “High-BL” motor structure together with a large-diameter, progressive-roll spider provides increased linearity and superior overall sound quality. A vented core magnet motor structure with extra thick back & top plates allows for full voice-coil extended peak-to-peak excursion, creating ultra deep bass response. Engineered with a special aluminum alloy high-temperature voice coil winding around the high-mass vented pole piece, helps to keep the woofers cool even when your music gets “hot”!
The Rockville W12K7-D4 is CEA-2031 compliant and rated with an amazing 1800 watts peak and 450 watts CEA RMS. That means you are getting 100% accurate RMS power ratings. These days lots of brands have competitions over how many thousands of watts they can write on the box of their items. The problem is you do not know what you are getting from them. It is easy to print a box that says 2,000 watts Max. Our subwoofers are rated in the same way that other famous brands rate their products. We also feel our manufacturing engineers are the best. The sound quality on our Rockville subs are just amazing. Our engineers who design the subwoofers are all in in the USA and have over 30 years experience manufacturing car audio.
- Rockville W12K7-D4 CEA-2031 Compliant 12” 1800 Watt Car Subwoofer Titan Series Dual 4-Ohm Sub
- CEA Power: 450 Watts
- RMS Power: 900 Watts
- Peak Power: 1800 Watts
- Inverted Poly Concave Dust Cap
- Fiber Reinforced Ultra Stiff Paper Composite Cone
- Expanded and Rolled Steel Basket
- High Density Double Laminated Foam Surround
- Ultra Saturated, High BL Magnetic Motor Gap
- Magnet Motor Heatsink with Heat Pump Cooling Technology
- Aero Style Oversized Magnet Motor Vent
- High Temperature 4 Layer Aluminum Voice Coil Former
- Dual Layer Linear Progressive Conex Spiders
- Magnet Protection Rubber Band
- Dual Nickel Plated Spring Loaded Push Terminals
- Impedance: 4 Ohms
- Cutout Diameter: 11.25 Inches
- Mounting Depth: 5.7 Inches
- Frequency Response: 26 Hz to 750 Hz
- Sensitivity: 94dB @ 1w/1m
- Sealed enclosure requirement: 0.75 - 1.3 cu ft
- Vented enclosure requirement: 1.0 - 3.0 cu ft