Video of T4 Series Shallow Mount subs:
Wiring for 1 SVC 4 Ohm SUBS:
Wiring for 2 SVC 4 Ohm SUBS:
CEA Compliant Legitimate Power Ratings
Peak Power = Amount of power the sub can handle for a burst during the loudest point during a song. This number is not as important as the RMS power. This subwoofer has 1,200 watts peak which is a lot of power for a 10" subwoofer.
Program Power = The RMS power the way most middle of the road brands on the market rate their products. This sub can handle 600 watts program power. So for example a 600 watt RMS Hifonics amplifier will work perfectly with one of these.
CEA Rated RMS Power = This is an official tested rating by a specific industry standard. This is the way the top brands in the industry such as Kicker, Rockford, etc rate their items. This subwoofer is 300 watts RMS CEA rated. This rating is measured at a very specific distortion level. You can feel confident matching this with a high end amplifier from Kicker, or Rockford, or any other high end brand that uses CEA compliant ratings.
We supply all 3 ratings so that you can compare prices of our product to any brand on the market and also so you can confidently match this subwoofer to amplifiers from many other brands.
Rockville W10T4-S4 10" Subwoofers feature the thinnest mounting depths available making them the best shallow-mount driver's suitable for the most intricate bass installations. Deep bass that's made to fit where standard-sized subwoofers can’t. What else can you ask for?
The Rockville W10T4-S4 subwoofers feature a 4-Ohm single voice coil. These subwoofers are engineered to deliver serious low frequency response where space is limited. Whether installed behind the seat in a compact car, pick-up truck or in a motorcycle's saddlebags, make no mistake Rockville T4™ subs will rock you!
Utilizing a sophisticated “High-BL” motor structure together with a large-diameter, progressive-roll spider provides increased linearity and superior overall sound quality. A vented core magnet motor structure with extra thick back & top plates allows for full voice-coil extended peak-to-peak excursion, creating ultra deep bass response. Engineered with a special aluminum alloy high-temperature voice coil winding around the high-mass vented pole piece, helps to keep the woofers cool even when your music gets “hot”!
The Rockville W10T4-S4 is CEA-2031 compliant and rated with an amazing 1200 watts peak and 300 watts RMS. That means you are getting 100% accurate RMS power ratings. These days lots of brands have competitions over how many thousands of watts they can write on the box of their items. The problem is you do not know what you are getting from them. It is easy to print a box that says 2,000 watts Max. Our subwoofers are rated in the same way that other famous brands rate their products. We also feel our manufacturing engineers are the best. The sound quality on our Rockville subs are just amazing. Our engineers who design the subwoofers are all in in the USA and have over 30 years experience manufacturing car audio.
If you are not happy with these, we will call tag them and take them back within 30 days of when you receive them for a full refund. On top of that you get a 1 year exchange warranty for any defects.
If you want the best value for a shallow mount car subwoofer, and you want a great quality product that sounds great, and you also want hassle free return policies, then we highly recommend these Rockville T4 subs.
- Rockville W10T4-S4 10" Shallow Mount 1200 Watt Car Subwoofer, CEA Compliant, 4-Ohm
- Power Handling: 1200 Watts Peak Power / 600 Watts Program / 300 Watts RMS (CEA Rating)
- 2" voice coil
- Ultra Stiff Paper Composite Cone
- 3D Molded High Gloss Acrylic Dust Cap
- Ultra Slim, Expanded and Rolled Steel Basket
- High Density Laminated Butyl Rubber Surround
- High Power Strontium Magnet with Ultra Saturated, High BL Motor Gap
- Vented Core Magnet Motor Structure
- High Temperature Aluminum Voice Coil Former
- Lightweight Compact Design Ideal for Any Installation
- Rubber Magnet Boot
- Magnet Weight: 45 Oz
- Dual Nickel Plated Spring Loaded Push Terminals
- Shallow Mount Subwoofer
- Impedance: SVC 4 Ohm
- Cutout Diameter: 9.1 Inches
- Mounting Depth: 3.39 Inches
- Frequency Response: 36 Hz to 500 Hz
- Sensitivity: 90dB @ 1w/1m
- Sealed: 0.50 cu. Ft - 1.0 Cu. Ft.
- Vented: 1.00 cu. Ft - 2.50 Cu. Ft.
- Vented Tuned at 45Hz: 1.00 cu. Ft. - 3.00 Cu. Ft.
- Re 3.33 Ohm electrical voice coil resistance at DC
- Le 1.394 mH frequency independent part of voice coil inductance
- L2 2.231 mH para-inductance of voice coil
- R2 8.99 Ohm electrical resistance due to eddy current losses
- Cmes 784.16 µF electrical capacitance representing moving mass
- Lces 19.06 mH electrical inductance representing driver compliance
- Res 42.01 Ohm resistance due to mechanical losses
- fs 41.2 Hz driver resonance frequency
Mechanical Parameters (using laser)
- Mms 119.448 g mechanical mass of driver diaphragm assembly including air load and voice coil
- Mmd 111.826 g mechanical mass of voice coil and diaphragm without air load
- Rms 3.626 kg/s mechanical resistance of total-driver losses
- Cms 0.125 mm/N mechanical compliance of driver suspension
- Kms 7.99 N/mm mechanical stiffness of driver suspension
- Bl 12.342 N/A force factor (Bl product)
- Lambda s 0.029 suspension creep factor
- Qtp 0.633 total Q-factor considering all losses
- Qms 8.522 mechanical Q-factor of driver in free air considering Rms only
- Qes 0.676 electrical Q-factor of driver in free air considering Re only
- Qts 0.626 total Q-factor considering Re and Rms only
- Vas 22.5626 l equivalent air volume of suspension
- n0 0.224 % reference efficiency (2 pi-radiation using Re)
- Lm 85.70 dB characteristic sound pressure level (SPL at 1m for 1W @ Re)
- Lnom 86.49 dB nominal sensitivity (SPL at 1m for 1W @ Zn)
- Sd 357.00 cm² diaphragm area
- EBP 60.94 efficiency bandwidth product
About Rockville Quality Control Procedures:The Rockville brand stands for Quality, Innovation and Value. All Rockville products go through the most rigorous quality control standards in the industry. Products go through months of extensive testing before they reach your hands. All user functions are tested and all internal components are tested for quality. Rockville makes products that are virtually un-breakable! Rockville is one of the only brands in its class to test every concept model for weeks or months before starting production. Once production begins, Rockville sends product engineers to their factory to quality control every line of production. During production every product is tested and on top of that Rockville goes the extra mile and has their high level product engineers do an additional quality control. They test a certain percentage of all products from the production line a second time to ensure that the quality meets their vigorous standards, and to make sure that there is never a batch of products with even a slight problem. All Rockville products are backed with a hassle free warranty.