- (1) MTX THUNDER500.1 500 Watt RMS Mono Class D 2-Ohm Amplifier Car Audio Amp
- (1) Rockville RWK41 4 Gauge Complete Car Amp Wiring Installation Wire Kit with RCA's
Authorized MTX Dealer!
Description of THUNDER500.1:
Feel the Thunder
MTX THUNDER500.1 is designed to work with an assortment of subwoofers and is capable of delivering up to 1000 watts peak power (500 watts RMS) in an incredibly small package.
This monster amp features a high efficiency class D topology. This type of circuit is preferred for driving subwoofers due to its ability to minimize power loss to heat when you rock all night long.
High Power High Value
The THUNDER500.1 is a high powered subwoofer amplifier capable of delivering up to 500 watts RMS power at 2Ω. Additionally, the unit is designed to be installed in almost any vehicle due to its small chassis size.
The THUNDER500.1 features surface mount technology. This design uses smaller more efficient parts that adhere to the circuit board much better than traditional through hole designs making it extremely vibration resistant.
The control panel on the THUNDER500.1 is easy to access and make adjustments. The unit includes a variable low pass filter and a selectable bass boost, 0, +6, or +12dB. The unit also features a subsonic filter that can be used in conjunction with a vented enclosure for optimal sound quality.
The THUNDER500.1 uses set screw type connections for both its power and speaker terminals. The power and ground inputs will support up to a 4 AWG wire and the speaker inputs can support up to a 12 AWG wire. Set screw type connectors provide the most secure connection minimizing power loss and delivering all the power to the amplifier and to the speakers.
- MTX THUNDER500.1 500 Watt RMS Mono Class D 2-Ohm Amplifier Car Audio Amp
- Small Footprint
- Selectable Bass Boost: 0, 6, or 12dB
- Surface Mount PCB Design
- Variable Butterworth Crossover 12dB/Oct
- Variable Subsonic Filter
- Thermal, DC Offset, and Short Circuit Protection Circuitry
- Extruded Aluminum Heat Sink
- Description: Mono Block
- RMS Power (Watts): 500
- 4 Ohm RMS Power Output: 300W x 1 Channel
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 80dB
- 2 Ohm RMS Power Output: 500W x 1 Channel
- Topology: Class D
- THD: <1%
- Frequency Response: 10Hz - 220Hz
- Low Pass Filter: Variable Low @ 40Hz to 220Hz 12dB/Oct
- Subsonic Filter: 10Hz to 50Hz 12dB/Oct Variable
- Bass Boost: 0, 6, 12dB Switchable
- Max Sensitivity: 200mV
- Maximum Input Signal: 5V
- Height: 6.3"
- Width: 8.94"
- Depth: 2.25"
Video of RWK41:
Unboxing Video for RWK41:
The Rockville RWK41 4 AWG (American Wire Gauge) amp kit has the following differences over other amp kits on the market at this price point.
1. Our RCA cables are 100 % copper. These are top of the line RCA cables
2. Better Resistance: The only thing that really matters with wires is the resistance rating. This is a measurement of conductivity and how much signal is loss per foot of wire. Since Rockville wires are made with around 3 times as much copper as any other wire at this price point, these wires had a much better resistance rating which means they will transfer more power to your amps than the other brands.
3. We do not cheat you on the thickness of the wire. These are standard American wire gauge thickness. This is another reason our conductivity is better than anything else at this price point. Other brands in the market place write 4 gauge, but cheat you on the thickness. We are honest about the thickness.
4. The Rockville amplifier installation kits feature a new soft abrasion proof insulating jacket. This rugged PVC outer jacket allows for 100% improved flexibility over standard power cables making them extremely easy to route through your vehicles interior, and it maintains exceptional resistance to grease and oil. The PVC outer jacket can with-stand an extreme temperature range of -40 to 220 degrees F.
The RCA signal transfer cables included in this kit feature blue and silver twisted pair technology in a clear outer jacket insulation skin. Not only do the blue and silver wires look cool but they also provide superior signal transfer with maximum noise suppression. They are 100% copper to provide absolute lossless perfect signal transfer to your receiver. This technology reduces interference, so your audio signal flows clean and pure at all power levels.
This kit also includes a massive 60 Amp AGU Gold Plated Fuse, so you can be sure it will handle the all the DC power that your amp will need without even the slightest loss of current. The included 7 split loom tube provides protection for your power cable from the typically harsh environment found under the hood of your car.
Audiosavings product experts have tested this amp kit against many leading amp kits on the market and were were impressed not only by the great looks but by the quality of these Rockville installation kits as well. These kits had a lower resistance rating than the other brands we compared and tested them against. What this means is that Rockville manufactures their kits with more copper than other kits at this price point, ultimately providing your amplifiers with better and cleaner DC power, so they work cooler and more efficiently. You will hear the difference a Rockville installation kit will make!
- 1 – 17’ High Grade Twisted Pair of 100% Copper RCA Cable
- 17’ – 4 Gauge Translucent Blue SuperFlex Power Cables
- 17’ – 18 Gauge Blue Remote Cable
- 17’ – 16 Gauge Clear Speaker Wire
- 3’ – 4 Gauge Clear SuperFlex Ground Wire
- Gold Plated AGU Heat Resistant Fuse Holder
- 60 Amp AGU Gold Plated Fuse
- 7’ Split Tube Loom
- Accessories Included: Wire Ties, Ring Terminals, Butt Connectors, Spades, and Grommets