Video of RockShelf 6.5” V2:
The Rockshelf 68C v2 is our upgraded version of the popular Rockshelf 68C. These 6.5” passive bookshelf speakers deliver audiophile grade sound quality at an unbeatable price! We upgraded the Woofer Magnet size as well as the thickness of the MDF Cabinet. The tweeter voice coil was also upgraded which provides higher sensitivity and a better frequency response.
The Rockshelf series of speakers come in 3 beautiful finishes. Black grain, Classic wood grain, and white grain. We offer 3 finishes so that you can choose the best color to match your personal style and space. We even added rounded corners to really make these speakers stand out. The grills are magnetic and detachable allowing you to instantly change the look of the speaker. We designed it to look great with the grills on or off so you can change the look of the speaker to accommodate any preference.
The first thing most people notice with a speaker is the power. Each speaker can handle an incredible 50 watts RMS! What that means is this speaker can handle the power of the most popular receivers on the market making it a great overall fit for your application
We use a Kevlar woofer cone which gives this speaker studio quality sound. The woofer also has high quality rubber surrounds that are built to last help to eliminate unwanted distortion.
Even more important than the woofer is the tweeter. If warm pleasant sound Is what you’re looking for in a bookshelf speaker then it is safe to say you will simply fall in love with our RockShelf speakers. Bookshelf speakers require a very specific type of sound so we made sure to use a 1” silk dome tweeter that is simply unmatched by mylar or any other material. Even popular titanium tweeters are no match for the sound quality delivered by the silk dome tweeter.
Sometimes overlooked but still one of the most important parts of a speaker is the enclosure it rests in. We use a top quality MDF enclosure. (NO particle board Allowed!)
Our rear panel features everything you want in a passive speaker. The gold plated 5-way binding post terminals give the flexibility to use banana plugs, spade terminals, or bare wire. We also include an easy mount bracket on each speaker making hanging this speaker on a wall as easy as hanging a picture.
The Rockshelf series is being offered in an 8 ohm and a 4 ohm configuration. For surround sound applications we recommend 8-ohm. If you are using a stereo amplifier that is more limited in power output the 4-ohm speaker can get you around 50 % more power. *** Just be careful if you have a 2-channel amplifier and you are using 4 speakers. In this case you will have to go with the 8-ohm version or you will damage your amplifier. Contact our support team if you need recommendations.
- Pair Rockville RockShelf 68C Classic Wood 6.5" Home Bookshelf Speakers w/ Kevlar Woofers
- RMS Power: 50 Watts Each / 100 Watts per pair
- Peak Power: 200 Watts Each / 400 Watts per pair
- Woofer: 6.5” Kevlar cone
- Tweeter: 1” Silk dome tweeter
- Cabinet material: Top quality MDF with beautiful wood grain finish
- Audiophile-grade black kevlar woofer cone for excellent mid and low frequency response
- Silk dome tweeter gives crisp and realistic sounding highs that you can’t get with any other kind of tweeter
- Detachable magnetic grill
- Gold-plated 5-way binding post terminals can accept banana, bare wire, spade terminals, and more
- Wall mount hanging bracket
- Impedance: 8 ohm
- Color: Classic Wood
- Ultra-stiff Polypropylene dustcap on woofer
- 12dB/octave crossover built into the speaker
- Crossover cutoff point: 10Khz
Rubber surrounds on woofer
- Frequency Response: 65Hz-20KHz
- Sensitivity:87 dB 1W/1m
- 1” Aluminum Voice Coils
- High Quality Golden Terminals
- Dimensions of each speaker (inches): 11.81"H*7.06"W*6.43"D
- One pair speakers Shipping carton dimensions (inches): 16.53L x 10W x 13.98H
- Weight per speaker: 6 lbs
- Shipping weight: 13.2 lbs