All about your ROCKMIX 8:
How to Set up Your ROCKMIX 8:
How to Set Up your Podcast:
What's in the Box:
- Power Adapter
- User Manual
- USB interface cable
The Rockville RockMix 8 is the perfect solution for live bands, recording music, gyms, restaurants, podcasting, karaoke, and more. This compact mixer is packed with all of the important features that you need.
The built-in USB interface allows you to record the master output of all the channels to the recording software on your computer. The USB interface will also allow you to easily play back songs or other audio from your computer or laptop to channels 5 and 6 of the mixer. What is really cool is that you can EQ the sound from the mixer to get it to be exactly how you like.
The USB interface is also perfect for podcasting. It is the bridge to get your computer audio to your speakers or to get your audio output recorded to your computer. ?
Our low-noise mic pre-amp is clean, with a lot of headroom, ensuring a clear sound. Mic pre-amps are one of the most important parts of a mixer. A good quality pre-amp such as this one makes a world of a difference in the sound.
The 3-band EQ and panning allows you to customize the sound the way you want it. The FX send feature lets you connect external effects to the console in order to further shape and enhance your sound. We added pro Bluetooth connectivity, so you can have wireless playback whether you're in a gym, restaurant, home, or any other place where you do not want to hard wire your playback device. The Bluetooth is also a great way to have guests call to your podcast show.
We added a high quality compressor to channels 1 and 2 which is great for podcasts, singers, and drummers. A compressor is used to balance the dynamic range of your signal, so this way, the louder and quieter parts of the signal are all sounding perfect. What a compressor does is it allows you to set a minimum and maximum threshold for your audio signal. If you are doing a podcast and you might have parts with whispering and other parts where people are yelling. A compressor will make the podcast sound really professional. It will make the whispering easy to hear and it will lower the yelling to a normal usable range that sounds good on all speakers. It helps to avoid clipping as well. Another great use is for singers or drummers during live shows or recordings. The compressor will really fine tune the sound and make it sound even and balanced by avoiding potential clipping/distortion of your loud signals (kicks, snare hits, loud vocal passages etc.) Compression is also great for singers because It will also allow you to be able to sing low into the mic and it can help even out the audio levels. Please keep in mind you can set the level of compression or turn it off.
Channels 1 and 2 are loaded with XLR and ¼” inputs. Then you get 2 stereo channels that can accept a variety of sources ranging from microphones to any mono/stereo instruments . Both channel 1 and 2 provide 48v phantom power, allowing you to use condenser mics. There are also two additional 1/4” stereo and RCA aux inputs if you need to plug in extra sources.
The clipping indicators will prevent you from adding too much gain, making it easy to set your levels accurately.
This solid steel mixer is built like a Rock! Every component, including all potentiometers and knobs are extremely high grade.
If you want to podcast/stream on the go you are in luck! This mixer is USB bus-powered. All you need to do is to connect the provided USB cable to your computer and the mixer will get power and operate. We also include an adapter so you can plug it into a wall outlet for applications that don't require a computer. Another option to power the unit is by using a USB power bank, since the mixer only requires 5 volts of power.
- Rockville RockMix 8 Channel Mixer w/USB Interface and Bluetooth connectivity
- (2) XLR and ¼” Mic/Line inputs with gain and volume control, 3-band EQ, compressor, pan, and 48V phantom power with pad function
- (2) Stereo channels with 1/4” inputs, level control, EQ and FX send
- (1) Stereo channel with RCA input assignable to either headphone or main output
- (1) Stereo AUX IN channel with 1/4” inputs
- RCA main mix output to plug into your speakers with monitor volume knob
- 1/4” stereo headphone outputs
- Dual ¼” outputs for studio monitoring
- Pad buttons on channels 1 and 2 allows you to easily integrate condenser mics to your setup
- Main mix master volume knob
- Built in professional Bluetooth wireless audio streaming
- Built in USB interface to communicate as an external sound card with your favorite DAW
- USB Playback on/off on channels 5/6 with volume control and 3 band EQ
- Peak LED indicator detects clipping on channel 1 and 2
- LED clip indicators for main mix
- Power on LED indicator
- Super linear low-noise mic pre-amp (this uses a top of the line mic pre normally found in very expensive mixers)
- This mixer is built out of solid steel metal and when you pick it up you immediately can feel the weight and how solid it is.
- All knobs and potentiometers are super sturdy and linear
- 48V phantom power for condenser microphones on channel 1 and 2
- BUS powered allows you to power the mixer by plugging it into the USB of your computer or laptop
- Mixer includes a power adapter so you can power the mixer through the USB
- You can power the mixer through any power bank that you normally use to power your phone (this mixer is highly efficient and only requires 5 volts of power)
- British EQ circuitry is designed to emulate the classic EQ from the legendary mixers that came out in the 1950’s, 60’s and 70’s
- Dimensions (inches): 5.31" x 3.94" x 1.57"
- Mic: 1mV/1.7 KO(Gain max)
- Line, channel 1: 3mV/10KO(Gain max)
- Line, channel 2/3: 300mV/22KO
- Line channel 4/5: 300mV/22KO
- Output level: 5.8V max (MAIN; MONITOR; TAPE)
- Frequency range: 20 -25000 Hz
- THD: =0.05%
- S/N ratio: 81dB
- Bass range: ±15dB/80Hz
- Mid range: ±15dB/2.5kHz
- High range: ±15dB/12kHz
- Headphone impedance: =16O
- USB interface: USB 2.0 full speed and earlier (also 1.1 compatible)
- 16-Bit Delta-Sigma, 44.1kHz Sampling rates; 48khHz max
- Bluetooth: Compliant with Bluetooth Specification V3.0 + EDR
- Phantom power for XLR jack: 18V
- Power supply via USB port: (5V/500mA) of the computer or via power supply unit provided and connected to AC100-240V 50/60Hz
- Dimensions: 101*45*135 mm
- Weight: 0.95 lbs.
- Suitable operating system for data transfer via USB interface:
- Windows 2000, XP or higher; Mac OS 9.0.4 or higher, 10.X or higher