- (1) Presonus DIGIMAX D8 Digital 8 Channel Microphone Recording Pre-Amp
- (4) Rockville RMM-XLR Dynamic Cardiod Professional Metal Microphone W/10' XLR Cable
- (8) Rockville RCXFM20E-B 20 Foot Female to Male XLR Mic Cables Black
Video of DIGIMAX D8:
Features Summary of DIGIMAX D8:
- 8 XMAX class A microphone preamps w/ trim control
- 24-bit resolution ADAT digital output
- 44.1 and 48K sampling rates
- External sync via BNC word clock input
- Direct outputs on every channel
- LED input metering
- -20dB Pad on every channel
The DigiMax D8 is an 8 channel preamplifier featuring 8 award-winning class A XMAX mic preamps with 24-bit ADAT digital output. All eight preamps include variable trim control, 48V phantom power, ultra-fast acting LED metering and 20 dB pad. In addition, 2 instrument inputs are located on the front panel for direct Hi-Z instrument input. Balanced TRS direct analog outputs are located on the rear panel for routing and flexibility. The DigiMax D8 also includes word clock sync input for ultra-low jitter and robust synchronization.
The DigiMax D8 is the perfect solution to add eight professional microphone preamplifiers to any digital recording system with ADAT optical lightpipe expansion capability including Digidesign’s HD and 003 systems, RME, YAMAHA, Alesis, Mackie, and many others.
8 XMAX Class A Preamplifiers
The DigiMax D8 includes eight custom-designed high-voltage, discrete, XMAX Class A microphone preamplifiers for all types of microphones. The job of a microphone preamplifier is to boost microphone level signals to line level so that the signal can be converted from analog to digital. This mic to line boost is generally a preamplification of over 400 times the voltage of the original mic level signal. This preamplification stage is one of the most important stages that the signal will go through before converted to digital, and is why a high performance preamplifier is important to achieving great results.
All XMAX preamplifiers are built with the same three elements:
The XMAX preamplifier runs on power rails of 30V. Most off the shelf op amp based designs run on power rails of 10V to 18V. Higher voltage power rails deliver more headroom, deeper lows, smoother highs and an overall fuller sound.
No op amps. Only transistors, resistors and capacitors. Op amps add noise, coloration and harshness to a signal. Discrete designs deliver ultra low noise and transparency.
When a circuit is running in Class A mode the circuit is always in an "on" state operating at its optimal voltage requirements. Class A mode has zero crossover distortion and delivers purer, clearer and more musical sonics than class A/B designs which are found in most op-amp circuits.
The net result of the XMAX preamp design is high headroom, low noise, wide dynamic range and wide frequency range, and most importantly, musicality and transparency - smooth highs, solid deep lows, and everything in between.
(All links will open in a new pop-up window)
- DigiMax D8 Manual English (PDF)
- DigiMax D8 Hookup Diagram (PDF)
- DigiMax D8 with Digi 003 Hook Up Diagram
- DigiMax D8 with FireStudio LightPipe Hook Up Diagram
- DigiMax D8 with FireStudio Tube Hook Up Diagram
Videos Of RMM-XLR:
- RMM-XLR 100% Metal wired mic
- 10 foot XLR Mic Cable
- Mic Clip
- Plastic Carry Case
- Owners manual
The Rockville RMM-XLR is designed with the professional performer in mind. The RMM-XLR has excellent vocal reproduction and will sound great whether you are in the studio or on stage. The RMM-XLR is constructed with solid metal to ensure reliability. The RMM-XLR has a very nice weight which feels sturdy in the performer's hand giving them the confidence they need to perform their best! The RMM-XLR features XLR output which ensures the best sound quality possible also included is a high quality rugged 10 FT XLR cable.
- Rockville RMM-XLR Dynamic Microphone
- Professional 10 FT XLR Cable Included
- Steel Mesh Grill
- On/Off Switch
- Rugged Metal Construction
- Natural Sound Reproduction
- Beautiful Black Finish (The perfect combination of matte and shiny black finish)
- Frequency Response: 50Hz-15kHz
- Super Cardiod Polar Pattern
- Impedance 600 Ohm ±5%
- Sensitivity -60dB ± 3dB (0dB=1V/Pa at 1KHz)
Authorized Rockville Dealer!
Video of RCXFM20E-B:
All Rockville pro audio cables are made with 100% copper which boosts the efficiency of the cable. There is nothing better than 100% copper. Most of the cheaper cables on the market do not use 100% copper, instead they make their cables with CCA (Copper Clad Aluminum). CCA cables do not perform on the level that 100% copper cables perform at. CCA will not conduct signals efficiently. A 12 gauge CCA cable will not even perform as well as a 14 gauge 100% pure copper cable, which will in turn, affect the performance and longevity of your equipment. If you find cables on the market that do not mention the copper content, there is a good chance that they are selling you a cheaper cable that is CCA and not 100% copper. Rockville pays an inspection company to oversee the manufacturing of the product to ensure that we provide a 100% Oxygen Free Copper Cable (OFC). Our OFC cables are less prone to oxidation, and will provide maximum signal transfer.
The other important factor of a cable is the shielding. Most of the good brands on the market have about 85% shielding coverage, so we decided to take our shielding a step further. Rockville cables are shielded with a tight copper mesh, covering 90% of the cable! The high percentage of coverage increases the ability to absorb the Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) and Radio Frequency Interference (RFI) that suppresses signal and degrades the performance of equipment. Rockville Cable’s copper shielding provides great flexibility, maintains a durable structural integrity, while decreasing signal interference ensuring enhanced signal clarity with every use.
- Rockville RCXFM20E-B Black 20 Foot Nickel Plated Female to Male XLR Microphone Cable
- XLR Connectors with Internal Strain Relief for Rugged Reliability
- 100% Copper Conductors for Enhanced Signal Clarity
- 90% OFC Spiral Shield for Effective EMI and RFI Rejection and Flexibility
- Length: 20 Ft
- Color: Black