How To Set Up Your CL14 Speaker Wire:
CL2 rated speaker wire is perfect for commercial or home applications. CL2 means you can safely install it in your ceiling or behind walls. If you are doing a 70V or 100V or 8 ohm installation of wire then this is the perfect product for you. These cables support temperatures up to 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
This speaker wire is 100 % oxygen free copper which is safer and cleaner then using other materials such as CCA or aluminum. The problem with using CCA is that it is not as conductive and it will get hotter the more you use it and then the heat can introduce problems that will cause your system to potentially get damaged.
Each conductor is housed in a color-coded PVC for easy polarity identification. The entire cable is inside of a PVC material that is CL2 fire-safety rated.
This is a 4-conductor wire that has (2) positive and (2) negative wires in the CL rated PVC. This is perfect for running wire to 2 speakers that are close to each other. This is also a great choice for bi-amped speakers that have a separate input for the highs and lows. 4 Conductor wire is also great for alarm system installations.
- Rockville CL14-250-4 CL2 Rated 100% OFC Copper Speaker Wire For In Ceiling or In-Wall Installation
- 250 Feet
- 14 AWG (American Wire Gauge)
- 4 Conductor
- 100% OFC Copper wire
- CL2 rated for safe installations in ceilings or walls
- Strands Count: 41 Wires Strand Size: 0.25mm
- Each conductor is housed in a color-coded PVC for easy polarity identification
- Aside from speaker wire these can also be used for other applications such as thermostat control, annunciator system, intercoms, alarm systems, and more