All about your K9 Series Subwoofers:
The Rockville K9 series has been our best selling series of subs and it just got even better! Say hello to the K9 V3. This sub is a game changer. We improved the performance and cooling like crazy! Our engineers did some minor tweaks that give major results for bassheads who like to abuse subs! Weather you are an every day user or someone who pushes the limits of your equipment the K9 V3 is for you!
We made the following upgrades that will keep the voice coil cooler improving the subs ability to take constant abuse.
1. The dustcap was upgraded to the same one we use in our Punisher series. It is top of the line. Sure it increased our cost but we kept the low price the same!
2. We added an inner dustcap that stops heat from building up in the voice coil. We also made our pole vent smaller. The combination of these 2 changes keeps the voice coil significantly cooler when you are playing bass heavy songs or test tones.
3. We added a voice coil spacer that vastly improves the performance.
4. The cone has a smooth finish that allows the dustcap to be glued on more securely.
Features of W12K9D2 V2:
- Rockville W12K9D2 K9 Series 12" Dual 2-Ohm Car Subwoofer
- Peak Power Handling: 4000 Watts
- Program Power Handling: 2000 Watts
- RMS Power Handling: 1000 Watts
- Ultra-stiff Non-Pressed Paper Punisher Cone
- Ultra-stiff Polypropylene Punisher Dustcap (The K9 V3 now uses the same dustcap as our Punisher series)
- We added an inner dustcap which helps to avoid hot air build-up in the voice coils resulting in more power handling
- More efficient air ventilation cools the voice coil even better than our V2
- We added a voice coil spacer improving longevity during test tones or extreme bass-heavy songs
- 3" 4-Layer Black Aluminum Former Wound with OFC Wire Made in USA
- This voice coil is stable up to 240 degrees celcius! The voice coil windings are made in the USA!
- Double Stacked 190 Oz High Quality Magnet
- Cast Aluminum Basket With Black Sanded Finish Makes This Sub Very Efficient And Lighter Weight
- Two Chrome-Plated Binding Post Terminals
- Black Non-Pressed Paper Cone With Beautiful Finish
- Our cones are ultra-stiff. They are thicker and stronger than other subs on the market making our subs able to handle more power.
- Thick Foam Surround Provides Incredible Sound Quality With Minimal Distortion
- Red Stitching Cone Reinforcement Ensures Long Life
- New Ultra-stiff PolyPropylene (PP) Dustcap
- Impedance: Dual 2-Ohm Voice Coils
- Vented Hole on T-yoke Enhances Heat Dissipation
- Special Custom Rubber Boot Magnet Covers Make the Woofer Look Nice and Protects the Magnet
- Custom Rockville Mounting Gasket Looks Beautiful and Makes it Easy To Mount the Subwoofer Air-Tight
- High BL Magnetic Motor Gap
- We use high grade glue that handles extremely high temperatures which allows our woofer to handle even more power than they are rated
- Nomex Spider provides tear resistance, strength and long-term reliability over regular cotton and poly cotton spiders
- Cutout Diameter: 11.13” inches
- Mounting Depth: 6.85” inches
- Frequency Response: 33 Hz - 1.5K kHz
- 10mm T-Yoke + 10mm Washer
- Sensitivity: 83dB
- Sealed Enclosure Volume: 0.9 – 1.47 Cubic Feet
- Vented/Ported Enclosure Volume: 1.8 – 2.75 Cubic Feet
- XMAX is 28MM
- Weight: 28.67 Lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 33 Lbs.
- Shipping Box Dimensions: 14.57" x 14.57" x 10.83" Inches
- XMAX: 28MM
- Body: Non-Pressed Paper
- Gap Plate Inside Diameter: 95mm (3.74 inches)
- Gap Plate Outside Diameter: 190mm (7.5 inches)
- Gap Plate Thickness: 25mm (1 inch)
- Yoke Outside Diameter: 180mm (7.1 inches)
- Yoke Thickness: 10mm (0.4 inches)
- Yoke Pole Diameter: 75mm (3 inches)
|Fs||34.42 Hz||34.42 Hz|
|Cms||0.0727 mm/N||0.0727 mm/N|
|Bl||18.56 N/A||9.16 N/A|
|Zmin||5.77 O||1.43 O|
|Re||4.20 O||1.20 O|
|Mms||294.2146 g||294.2146 g|
|L1kHz||4.76 mH||1.18 mH|
|Sd||548.0133 cm²||548.0548 cm²|
|Rms||8.07 Om||7.85 Om|
|VAS||30.4676 L / 1.08 cu ft||30.4723 L / 1.08 cu ft|
|L10kHz||1.82 mH||0.45 mH|