How to install an amplifier in your UTV:
Videos of RXM-S30:
The RXM-S30 is a marine amplifier that is perfect for many applications. This amplifier is water resistant so you can use it in a car or boat or any other application! The micro size of the amplifier also allows for installation in tight spots.
The RSM-S30 is a 4 channel amplifier with 2,400 Watts peak output, 400 Watts Dyno Certified RMS power (4 x 90 @ 4 Ohms). You can also bridge the amplifier and get 2 x 600 Watts RMS @ 4 Ohms. Here at Rockville we offer the best value in car audio. We therefore want to make it easy for you to compare our products to any brands on the market. The peak rating can be used to compare with brands who use peak ratings such as Boss and Power Acoustik while the Dyno Certified RMS rating can be used to compare with top brands such as Kicker, Rockford, Alpine, etc.
We put our newest technology into this amp! It is a class A/B full range micro amplifier and runs very efficiently. Full size class A/B generally run at about 50% efficiency depending on the quality of the particular amp. This one is able to run at around 70% efficiency due to the high quality of the parts we use to build these. What 70% efficiency means is that the amplifier will draw less current from the battery and will play louder! The PCB layout of this amplifier is really clean.
The fuse rating is 60A (2 x 30A fuses). If you multiply this number by about 10 you can get a good estimate of the true RMS power output. This amplifier is also more efficient than others on the market, so it will put out more power than most amplifiers that have the same fuse rating.
I want to take a second and talk to you about the inside of the amplifier which is the most important part. This amplifier uses a double sided PCB board. As the name implies when using both sides we double the surface area allowing us to make an amplifier that is twice as good! With all this surface area, it allows us to separate the channels more so you get less crosstalk interference between channels. The grounding path has more space so you will get less unwanted distortion. This is a high power amplifier that needs large amounts of copper to carry all the current. The extra layer on the PCB allows us to use as much copper as we need without worrying about space on the PCB! The material of our PCB is called FR4. It is made of fiberglass which is resistant to heat or fire. We pride ourselves in making the best quality components both in the inside and outside! This PCB board also uses SMD technology. SMD means surface mounted devices. This type of PCB arrangement does not require holes to be punched in the PCB to run a connection to the other side of it. This SMD technology is a more reliable way of manufacturing. Lots of high end brands use this method. The model # of the transistor is 718 688. The model # of the MOSFET supply is SW50N06. The transformer size is 1.41” inches. We also use a sealed type of potentiometer. The potentiometer is a measuring instrument. It is a voltage divider used for measuring electric potential (voltage). There is a carbon track inside where the wiper comes into contact with the track to determine the resistance of the potentiometer. Our sealed type have these mechanisms insulated so no dust can get inside. Only higher end amplifiers use these sealed types. You can see below. The one on the left is what we use. The one on the right is the average one used by most brands. The sealed one will make your amplifier last longer!
We also use Elna RA3 capacitors that are built in Japan. 99% of amplifiers on the market use China-built capacitors, which are cheaper but they do not sound as good. These types of capacitors increase the sound quality relative to the ones commonly found in most amps on the market. With our ELNA capacitors you can hear the difference. You will get rich quality-grade sound.
Most brands do not even know what is in the inside of their products. We work hard to ensure we build amps we are proud of and we want to supply you the information about what makes our products sound so good!
I wanted to take a second and talk about the waterproofing process we use on this amplifier. We use a chemical compound which includes Acrylate Acid, Silicone, Polyurethane, and a few other substances. When these chemicals solidify, it becomes a protective on the PCB. This is what we call a conformal coating. This makes the amplifier water resistant. It also prevents oxidization and protects the amplifier from moisture. There are 3 ways manufacturers can conformally coat a PCB board. Soak, paint, or spray. Once we finish building the PCB board we paint it with our conformal coating.
We would like to offer anyone a 90 day money back guarantee. We are so confident you will love this amp! If you don't then we will send you a label to return it for all your money back!
- Rockville RXM-S30 2400w / 600w Dyno-Certified RMS 4 Channel Proton Micro Marine Car Amplifier
- Dyno Certified RMS Power Ratings: (Certified Dyno Test / Less than 1 % THD) (Use these ratings when comparing with top brands such as Kicker, Rockford Fosgate, etc)
- 400 Watts (4 x 90 Watts) at 4 ohms and 1% THD+N
- 600 Watts (4 x 150 Watts) at 2 ohms < 1% THD
- 600 Watts (2 x 300 Watts) bridged @ 4 Ohms < 1% THD
- Peak: (Use these ratings when comparing with the top budget brands such as Boss, Power Acoustik, etc):
- 2400 Watts (2 x 1200 @ 2 ohms or 1 x 2400 @ 4 Ohms)
- Marine amplifier with conformal coated PCB board
- High-Speed MOSFET Power Supply
- Studio-Grade Bipolar Output Stage Transistors
- Double Sided Surface Mount (SMD) PCB Design
- Selectable +6dB/+12dB Bass Equalizer @ 45hz
- Channel Separation: 50 dB
- Current drawn @ MAX RMS output: 27A @ 4ohm, 40A @ 2ohm
- Efficiency @ MAX RMS output: 65% @ 4ohm, 60% @ 2ohm
- 2-Ohm Stable Stereo
- 4-Ohm Mono Bridgeable
- 3 Channel Mixed-Mono Capable
- Input sensitivity: 20mV-6V
- Mute and Delay Soft Start System
- Full IC-Controlled Protection Circuitry
- 2 CH / 4 CH Input Mode Switch
- RCA Preamp Line Output
- 8 Volt Preamp Circuitry
- Status Mode LED Indicator
- 4 Gauge Lucite Encapsulated Power/Ground Terminals
- 12 Gauge Lucite Encapsulated Speaker Terminals
- THD+A: 0.01%
- Frequency Response: 15Hz - 20KHz
- Continuously Fully Adjustable 12dB / Octave Crossover with Differential Circuitry
- Continuously Fully Adjustable High Pass Crossover: 50HZ – 250HZ
- CH1 & CH2 High Pass 50Hz - 250Hz
- CH3 & CH4 Low Pass 50Hz - 250Hz
- CH3 & CH4 High Pass 50Hz - 250Hz
- Full Adjustable Crossover Controls: low pass, high pass, and full pass
- Sensitivity: 100dB @ 1w / 1m
- S/N Ratio: >90dB
- Damping Factor: > 200 @ 100Hz
- 2 x 30A Fuses
- 7 LBS
- Dimensions: (W x H x L) 6.7" x 1.98" x 12.28"
About Rockville Quality Control Procedures:The Rockville brand stands for Quality, Innovation and Value. All Rockville products go through the most rigorous quality control standards in the industry. Products go through months of extensive testing before they reach your hands. All user functions are tested and all internal components are tested for quality. Rockville makes products that are virtually un-breakable! Rockville is one of the only brands in its class to test every concept model for weeks or months before starting production. Once production begins, Rockville sends product engineers to their factory to quality control every line of production. During production every product is tested and on top of that Rockville goes the extra mile and has their high level product engineers do an additional quality control. They test a certain percentage of all products from the production line a second time to ensure that the quality meets their vigorous standards, and to make sure that there is never a batch of products with even a slight problem. All Rockville products are backed with a full 1 Year warranty, though it is unlikely that you will need to use it.