- (1) Rockville RMW8A 8" 800w Tunnel Slot Ported Powered Subwoofer Enclosure
- (1) Rockville RWK10 10 Gauge Amp Installation Kit ANL Fuse Holder + RCA Cable
Videos of RMW8A:
Save some space while you add some massive bass.
The incredible Rockville RMW8A Micro Enclosure ported subwoofer system
delivers incredible output and infrasonic bass extension typically
possible from much larger systems. The key to this performance lies in
the precise tuning of its Rockville subwoofer driver into an efficient
tunnel system with a slot-ported design. The high power handling and
high excursion subwoofer converts your amplifier's power into bass you
feel. What’s most impressive is all that bass comes to you in a
minimal amount of space – taking up less of your valuable vehicle
The compact design, which measures less than 5.5” wide, 19” long and 11” high, allows it to be mounted into virtually any car or even compact truck. It works well under or behind the seat of pick up trucks, in car trunks, hatchbacks or SUVs. The RMW8A is built with extensive interior bracing and extremely rigid MDF materials to maximize the enclosure's internal volume while keeping the enclosure ultra stiff and very durable. The tunnel port wraps around the exterior walls of the enclosure to reproduce extremely low frequency tuning that delivers superior bass extension and ultra smooth response. The port entry and exit are flared to further enhance sound quality and minimizes air turbulence and noises through the vent.
This subwoofer system is shipped complete with woofer installed, wired, and ready to connect via a five-way binding post terminal. The enclosure is trimmed in a carbon fiber pattern wrap and high-grade automotive carpet with a “black on black” Rockville logo embroidery on the front baffle. A grill is also included to protect the subwoofer driver.
The Rockville RMW8A is CEA-2031 compliant and rated with an amazing 800 watts peak and 400 watts Program RMS and 200 watts continuous RMS (CEA-2031 compliant).
Peak Power = Amount of power the sub can handle for a burst during the loudest point during a song. This number is not as important as the RMS power. This subwoofer has 800 watts peak which is a lot of power for a compact 8" shallow subwoofer.
Program RMS Power = The RMS power the way most middle of the road brands on the market rate their products. This sub can handle 400 watts program power. So for example a 400 watt RMS Hifonics amplifier will work perfectly with one of these.
CEA Rated RMS Power = This is an official tested rating by a specific industry standard. This is the way the top brands in the industry such as Kicker, Rockford, etc rate their items. This subwoofer is 200 watts RMS CEA rated. This rating is measured at a very specific distortion level. You can feel confident matching this with a high end amplifier from Kicker, or Rockford, or any other high end brand that uses CEA compliant ratings.
We supply all 3 ratings so that you can compare prices of our product to any brand on the market and also so you can confidently match this subwoofer to amplifiers from many other brands.
If you are not happy with these, we will call tag them and take them back within 30 days of when you receive them for a full refund. On top of that you get a 1 year exchange warranty for any defects.
If you want the best value for a shallow mount enclosed car subwoofer system and you want a great quality product that sounds great, and you also want hassle free return policies, then we highly recommend this Rockville RMW8A.
- Rockville RMW8A 8" 800w Tunnel Slot Ported Powered Subwoofer Enclosure Class D
- Built in Amplifier
- 8” High power long excursion tuned subwoofer
- CEA Power Rated 200 Watts / 400 Watts RMS / 800 Watts Peak
- 1.5” high
temperature 4 layer Kapton voice coil
- 70 oz magnet
- Talc filled
polypropylene molded cone
- Linear progressive
- Stitched to cone
double laminated surround
- Extended pole piece technology
- Remote Bass Knob Included
- Construction: CNC-Cut High-Grade MDF
- Steel mesh grill
- Nominal Impedance:
- Frequency Response:
30Hz – 500Hz
- SPL: 96dB@1w/1m
- Dimensions (W x L x H): 5.3” x 19” x 11”
Video of RWK10:
The Rockville RWK10 10 AWG (American Wire Gauge) amp kit has the following differences over other amp kits on the market at this price point.
1. Our RCA cables are 100 % copper. These are top of the line RCA cables
2. Better Resistance: The only thing that really matters with wires is the resistance rating. This is a measurement of conductivity and how much signal is loss per foot of wire. Since Rockville wires are made with around 3 times as much copper as any other wire at this price point, these wires had a much better resistance rating which means they will transfer more power to your amps than the other brands.
3. We do not cheat you on the thickness of the wire. These are standard American wire gauge thickness. This is another reason our conductivity is better than anything else at this price point. Other brands in the market place write 10 gauge, but cheat you on the thickness. We are honest about the thickness.
4. The Rockville amplifier installation kits feature a new soft abrasion proof insulating jacket. This rugged PVC outer jacket allows for 100% improved flexibility over standard power cables making them extremely easy to route through your vehicles interior, and it maintains exceptional resistance to grease and oil. The PVC outer jacket can with-stand an extreme temperature range of -40 to 220 degrees F.
The RCA signal transfer cables included in this kit feature blue and silver twisted pair technology in a clear outer jacket insulation skin. Not only do the blue and silver wires look cool but they also provide superior signal transfer with maximum noise suppression. They are 100% copper to provide absolute lossless perfect signal transfer to your receiver. This technology reduces interference, so your audio signal flows clean and pure at all power levels.
The included 7 split loom tube provides protection for your power cable from the typically harsh environment found under the hood of your car.
Audiosavings product experts have tested this amp kit against many leading amp kits on the market and were were impressed not only by the great looks but by the quality of these Rockville installation kits as well. These kits had a lower resistance rating than the other brands we compared and tested them against. What this means is that Rockville manufactures their kits with more copper than other kits at this price point, ultimately providing your amplifiers with better and cleaner DC power, so they work cooler and more efficiently. You will hear the difference a Rockville installation kit will make!
Audiosavings product experts have tested this amp kit against the leading amp kits on the market. Here are the facts from our testing. The resistance per foot of this kit is extremely low compared to any other amp kit in its range. The other amp kits we tested it against had resistance ratings that indicated they were an 8 gauge amp kit. We were more shocked than anyone about these tests, because we used to sell some of those amp kits. (We now will not sell those any more after learning that they are not up to the quality standards of our installers). The conclusion is that Rockville does a great job manufacturing amp kits while other brands are deceiving consumers.
One other last thing worth noting about our kit compared to others. Our kit cosmetically looks the best. It has blue power wire, clear ground wire, and twisted pair RCAs with matching colors. This model includes (1) set of RCA cables.
- Rockville RWK10 10 Gauge 2 Channel Car Amplifier Wiring Installation Kit
- (1) 17 High Grade Twisted Pair of 100% Copper RCA Cable
- 17' 10 Gauge Translucent Blue SuperFlex Power Cables
- 17 18 Gauge Blue Remote Cable
- 17 16 Gauge Clear Speaker Wire
- 3' 10 Gauge Clear SuperFlex Ground Wire
- Gold Plated AGU Heat Resistant Fuse Holder
- 40 Amp ATU Inline Fuse
- 7 Split Tube Loom
- Accessories Included: Wire Ties, Ring Terminals, Butt Connectors, Spades, and Grommets
- Soft abrasion proof insulating jacket allows for 100% improved flexibility
- PVC outer jacket can with-stand an extreme temperature range of -40 to 220 degrees F