All About Your RCS650-6:
How to Set up Your RCS Series of Amplifiers:
How to Parallel Wire your 70 VOLT system:
What's in the Box:
- Rack mount ears
- Power Cable
- FM Radio antenna
- Set-up and how-to training video so you can install it yourself
Rockville is proud to introduce our new RCS series of products. The RCS650-6 is a 650 Watt 6-zone rack mountable digital hybrid amplifier/receiver. This amplifier is capable of 70 volt, 100 volt, 8-ohm, and 4-ohm applications. This makes it perfect for use in a Restaurant/Bar/Café/Lounge/School/Conference room or any other setting where many speakers are needed.
This RCS650-6 outputs 650 watts at 70 volt or 780 Watts at 100 volt and the power can be split up into 6 zones. (Most professionals recommend you not exceed 90% of the amp power, so we recommend your speakers watts not to be more than 600 in total on the taps). Each zone can output up to 200 watts and all zones should not exceed 650 watts. If you want all 650 watts into a single zone you can use the direct outputs. If you want to use multiple zones then you can use the zone outputs. For example you can have zone 1 with 200 watts, zone 2 with 200 watts, zone 3 with 100 watts, zone 4 with 50 watts, zone 6 with 50 watts. This would total 600 watts which is less than the 650 watts the amp can produce and its also not more than the 200 watts output each zone can produce.
Wiring is totally simple as well. You just wire all the speakers in parallel from one to the next. This product will include a video URL in the box to train you how to use it.
With 3 mic inputs; each with echo control, you can use this amplifier for announcements, speeches or even Karaoke night! This model also includes a chime button so you can create a chime sound before making announcements. The RCS series features Bluetooth audio streaming so you can play your favorite music or access a playlist right from your phone! This amp also features both USB and SD inputs allowing you to play audio stored on a USB thumb drive or SD Card. There are also 2-line inputs that allow you to plug in another audio device such as an MP3 player, CD player, TV, etc.
Individual volume knobs for each of the 6 zones and volume knobs for each of the 3 mic inputs gives you full control over your system. If you want a volume control in each room, then you can buy any of our wall mount 70 volt volume controllers such as our VOL70100.
The built-in clipping limiter function protects your speakers and the amp from overheating. For further protection there is also a cooling system in this amplifier that will keep the components running cool making the amplifier durable and reliable.
Our goal with the RCS series was to make it possible for anyone to install 70 volt systems on their own without spending thousands of dollars on a contractor. The RCS650-6 makes it a breeze to connect many speakers and multiple external sources. We intentionally use common plugs like RCA and ¼" to make this amplifier more universal and user friendly. With our unique design you can feel confident in your DIY ability when installing our commercial system!
What is 70 volt ?
70 volt systems are the number one choice for any application where you want to install multiple speakers. With 70 volt there are a lot of advantages over 8-ohm systems. One of the main advantages is the simplicity of the wiring as well as how easy it is to match up speakers with the amplifier. For example, with this 650 watt / 70 volt amplifier, you can install speakers that total around 600 watts. It does not matter if it is 18 speakers that are 30 watts each or 36 speakers that are tapped at 15 watts each. You always want your 70 volt amp to have at least 10% more power than the combined watts your speakers are tapped at. When we say the word tap, what we are referring to are the selectors that many speakers in 70 volt have on them. For example, some speakers might have selectable options of 1.5w, 3w, 5w, 10w. What this does is limit how many watts the built-in transformer on the speaker will allow the speaker to get from the amplifier. What this allows for is full customization of your sound for your space. In a restaurant for example you can tap your dining room speakers at 5 watts, the speakers by the bar area at 10 watts, the ones in the hallway at 3 watts and the speakers in the bathrooms at 1.5 watts. Another great feature with 70 volt is you can mix and match any 70 volt speakers whether they are ceiling speakers, wall mounted speakers, subwoofers, etc.
70 volt systems allow you to run very long lines of speaker wire without signal loss. This makes it ideal when running long speaker leads. The wiring is simple. You just wire all the positive terminals of the speakers to the positive 70 volt terminals of the amplifier. The negative terminals on the speaker simply get wired to the negative terminals on the amp. You do not have to worry about impedance. The power is constant.
If you want an easy to use feature-rich 70 volt amplifier with a ton of power and 6 zones the Rockville RCS650-6 is your best choice!
- Home (Multi-zone, Multi-room)
- Rockville RCS650-6 650 Watt commercial/restaurant amplifier 19" rack mountable (removable rack brackets) digital hybrid amplifier/receiver
- Capable of 70 volt, 100 volt, 8 ohm, and 4 ohm
- 70V RMS Power: 650 Watts
- 100 volt RMS Power: 780 Watts
- 6-Zones - each zone has a separate volume control and you can easily add wall volume controllers as well
- Each zone can output 200 watts at 70 volts and the entire amp can output 650 watts total RMS
- You can use the direct output and get 650 watts to a single zone or you can use the zone outputs and get up to 200 watts per zone with all zones combined not exceeding 650 watts
- Built in Bluetooth audio streaming
- FM radio tuner
- USB input to play audio stored on a thumb drive (32gb max)
- SD card slot to play music stored on an SD Card (32gb max)
- Separate volume control for MIC1, MIC2, MIC3, MP3, LINE1, LINE 2, and MP3
- Echo control for the mic inputs with speed and repeat adjustments
- Built in clipping limiter to protect the amp and speakers
- BASS and Treble control
- Chime button for making announcements
- Top quality aluminum panel with industrial grade knobs
- 5 segments signal level indication
- Built in cooling system keeps component cool at all times
Inputs and Outputs:
- (2) Sets RCA AUX inputs
- (3) Mic inputs
- RCA Line output
- 100V speaker red positive speaker output terminal
- 70V speaker red positive speaker output terminal
- 8 Ohm red positive speaker output terminal
- Shared negative speaker output terminal
- Power Requirements: 120V / 50-60Hz
- A Weighted Signal to Noise (@ 1W) -70.2dBA
- A Weighted Signal to Noise (referenced to full 4 ohm power) -93.9dBA
- Frequency response: 42Hz to 20 Khz
- Frequency Response VS THD+M (worst case across normal bandwidth 1W @ 8 Ohms: 0.65%
- Weight: 31.7 lbs
- Dimensions: 19" x 16" x 4" inches