- (1) JBL CSMA240 Commercial/Restaurant 2 x 40w Amplifier 4ohm/8ohm/70V/100V, 8 inputs
- (8) Rockville RockSlim 70W White 5.25" 70v Commercial Restaurant Wall Speakers
Designed for commercial and industrial use, the CSMA 240 Commercial Series Mixer/Amplifier from JBL is a mixer/amplifier with eight mixer-channel inputs and two output channels. It's capable of reaching 40W of peak power with 5W per channel. The unit's front panel sports volume controls for each channel, as well as two master volume adjustment knobs, two sets of bass and treble controls, and a power switch. The volume controls are illuminated so they can be seen and operated in darkened environments.
The amplifier, capable of driving both eight and four Ohm loads, can be used with 70V and 100V distributed audio systems without the need for a separate transformer. On its back panel you'll find euroblock connections for mic/line inputs, as well as unbalanced RCA inputs, speaker connections, dip switches for input routing, and more. The unit is also equipped with two RJ45 connectors for use with JBL CSR-V in-wall volume controls (available separately).
This Commercial Series mixer/amplifier boasts such features as voice activating ducking (useful for paging over background music), priority muting for channels one and five, and a sleep mode which automatically powers down the unit when no audible signal has been received for longer than 30 minutes. Also, with two auxiliary outputs, you may connect to an additional amplifier, though the master volume and tone controls will have no bearing on the resulting signal.
8 inputs with 2 outputs of 40W of power.
Independent Bass and Treble controls for each output channel.
Input level and output volume controls.
The Hi-Z switch will switch in the built-in output transformer allowing the unit to drive 70V or 100V speaker systems directly when connected to the appropriate output terminals.
Phantom power (27 V) can be applied to all mic inputs by turning on Phantom Power within the dip switches.
Voice activated ducking is available on input channel 1 and channel 5. The audio input level required to activate ducking is set using the trim pot on the rear panel. Adjusting in the counter-clockwise direction will reduce that level, while the full clockwise setting will disable the VOX function.
Channels one and five may be used as priority channels, muting all other channels when pins 4 and 5 are shorted using a switch closure. If the amplifier has entered sleep mode due to inactivity, invoking priority will also bring the unit out of sleep and ready for transmitting an announcement.
Remote Volume Control
Remote volume control can be implemented using a CSR-V controller connected via an Ethernet cable to the RJ45 connector on the back panel.
This unit is designed to go into sleep mode after approximately 30 minutes operating with no signal at any of the inputs. Return of signal (-40 dBu or 7.75mVRMS) to any input will wake the unit. Also, a switch closure across the priority input pins will return the unit to normal operating mode.
An auxiliary output that you may connect to additional amplifiers is available. The audio signal is the mix of the input channels. Note that the master volume control and tone controls will have no effect on the aux output signal.
Crown's DriveCore technology
HARMAN's GreenEdge environmental standards
Certifications and Approvals
Lead-free RoHS standards, utilizing recycled metals, and using an energy-saving powder coat process
Energy Star certified
- JBL CSMA240 Commercial/Restaurant 2 x 40w Amplifier 4ohm/8ohm/70V/100V, 8 inputs
- For Commercial and Industrial Use
- 40W into 8 or 4 Ohm Loads
- 5W Per Channel
- 8 Input Channels, 2 Output Channel
- Usable with 70 & 100V Systems
- Euroblock Mic/Line & RCA Inputs
- Hi-Z & 27V Phantom Power Switches
- Sleep Mode & 2 Auxiliary Outputs
- Voice Activated Ducking & Priority Mute
- Maximum Output Power: 40 W per channel into 4 Ohms or 8 Ohms, 1 kHz, ≤ 0.5% THD
- Insertion Loss: 1 dB maximum for 70 and 100 V outputs
- Continuous Power: 5 W per channel
- Line Output Level: 5.0 V RMS into 10 kOhms
- Input Sensitivity: To obtain full rated power at 8 Ohms (or 5 VRMS to line output). Mic Input: 3 mV RMS. Line Input: 775 mV RMS. RCA Input: 300 mV RMS
- Number of Channels: Input: 8, Output: 2.
- Frequency Response: Measured at 2.83 V RMS into rated load impedance at any output. 4/8 Ohms Output: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, ±2 dB. 70 V/100 V Outputs: 80 Hz - 15 kHz ±2 dB. Line Out: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, ±1 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): Measured at 2.83 V RMS into rated load impedance at any output. Power Amplifier Output: <0.5%, 20 Hz to 20 kHz. Line Output: 0.05% typical
- Signal to Noise Ratio: > 90 dB
- Nominal Input Impedance: Mic: 400 Ohms. Line: 20 kOhms (balanced). RCA: 50 kOhms.
- Minimum Load Impedance: Low Impedance Output: 4 Ohms. 70 V Output: 120 Ohms. 100 V Output: 240 Ohms.
- Crosstalk: -70 dB @ 1 kHz
- Front Panel:
- 8 x Input level rotary knobs
- 2 x Output volume-attenuating knobs
- 2 x Vox adjustment switches
- 1 x Power switch
- 2 x Bass potentiometers
- 2 x Treble potentiometers
- Rear Panel:
- 2 x Input-routing dip switches (including phantom and Hi-Z switches)
- Front Panel:
- 8 x Mic/Line selector switch
- 8 x Input signal presence ring, gree
- 2 x Output volume ring, green
- 1 x Power switch ring, green/blue
- Rear Panel:
- 1 x IEC power input
- 2 x Aux out connection points
- 6 x 3-pin euroblock connectors
- 2 x 5-pin euroblock connectors
- 6 x Dual RCA input connectors
- x RJ45, remote volume
- Operating Temperature / Humidity: 32 to 95°F / 0 to 35°C, 95% RH (non-condensing)
- Storage Temperature: -4 to 185°F / -20 to 85°
- Phantom Power: 27 VDC
- AC Input: 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 17.2" x 11.9" x 1.7" / 436.9 x 302.3 x 43.2 mm
- Weight: Approximately 10.6 lb / 4.8 kg
Video of Rock Slim 70W:
The Rockville Rock Slim 70W is the commercial 70 volt version of our super popular Rockslim series of speakers. These speakers feature the slimmest design available on the market along with the easiest installation. They will enhance the décor of any store, restaurant, hotel, or other commercial space. With the included bracket which is molded into the speaker, installation is easier than hanging a picture. The Recessed spring-loaded wire terminals and the molded speaker wire grooves seamlessly hide all the wires behind the speaker.
What is 70 volt ?
70 volt systems are the number one choice for applications where you want to install many speakers. With 70 volt there are a lot of advantages over 8-ohm systems. One of the main advantages is the simplicity of the wiring as well as how easy it is to match up speakers with the amplifier. For example, you can buy one 70V amplifier with 150 watts and you can install speakers that total around 120 watts. It does not matter if it is 15 speakers that are 8 watts each or 30 speakers that are tapped at 4 watts each. You always want your 70 volt amp to have at least 15 to 20% more power than the combined watts your speakers are tapped at.
When we say the word tap, we are referring to the rear of these speakers where you can use the 4 watt or 8 watt inputs. What this does is limit how many watts the built-in transformer on the speaker will allow the speaker to get from the amplifier. This gives you full customization over the sound for your space. In a restaurant for example you can tap your dining room speakers at 8 watts, and the hallway or bathroom speakers at 4 watts.
Another great feature with 70 volt is you can mix and match any 70 volt speakers
whether they are ceiling speakers, wall mounted speakers, subwoofers, etc. 70
volt systems allow you to run very long lines of speaker wire without signal
loss. This is ideal when running long speaker leads.
The wiring is simple. You just wire all the positive terminals of the speakers to the positive 70 volt terminals of the amplifier. The negative terminals on the speaker simply get wired to the negative terminals on the amp. You do not have to worry about impedance. The power is constant.
70V Power Options: