How To Set the Gain On your Car Subwoofer Amplifier:
Hifonics BRUTUS Gamma Mono subwoofer audio amplifier delivers 4000 watts with Super D Class™ technology that features Ultra-Fi™ MOSFET outputs that are selected for both balance and output power.
- Low Noise Preamplifier Circuit
Maximum low voltage signal from the source unit comes into the amplifier circuit with minimal distortion.
- RCA Inputs
Nickel-plated RCA jacks create the most efficient High/Low Level audio connection and resist corrosion.
- Operation Mode
- Crossover Type
Variable electronic crossovers allow for complete control of the sound.
- Electronic Equalizer
Control of amplifier output with on-board electronic crossover to tailor specific frequencies to speakers and subwoofers.
- Class / Topology
Super D-Class™ designs which employ high-speed microprocessors with proprietary D/A conversion algorithms to efficiently control the current consumption. At very high listening levels, Hifonics amplifiers with Super D-Class circuitry result in lower distortion, higher current efficiencies and less heat than conventional D-Class amplifier designs.
- Output Device Technology
Pro-Fi™ Output Device Technology: The Ultra-Fi™ MOSFET is designed for music production vs just electronics output power. It produces very musical high power with high efficiency for cooling and minimal distortion.
- Heat Sink
Classic aluminum Hifonics design to minimize heat build up on the Ultra-Fi™ output devices.
- Power Supply
Simpatico Coil Design: The dual coil Pulse Width Modulated power supply keeps voltage constant through the Ultra-Fi output devices.
- Output Connections
High temperature impact resistant nickel plated connectors with Allen head set screws which allow for secure termination of wire and creates an erosion resistant seal.
- Connection Type
Secure molded connection terminal for all Power, Ground and Speaker connections. Angled for ease of access while creating a clean wire management profile.
- LED System Protection Circuitry Diagnostics
Monitor overload and speaker short protection with illuminated indicators on the amplifier end panel.
- Bass Remote Included
Wired Bass Remote allows adjustments to bass frequencies from the control which can be mounted anywhere in the vehicle.
- Phase Adjustment
Phase 0-180°: Bass drum attack, snap requires phase between deep frequency subwoofers and upper midbass speakers.
Power Strapping allows the installer to Sync the input signal and output power to double the rated output of a mono amplifier which will drive a single subwoofer or group of subwoofers. Driving subwoofers with this method doubles the available power to the overall bass system, while insuring each subwoofer receives the exact same power level (output voltage). CONSULT PROFESSIONAL INSTALLER.
- Type: Amplifier
- Color: Bright Silver Hairline Anodized Finish
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Amp Class: Super D Class™
- Amp Total Channels: 1
- Amp Max Power (watts): 4000
- Amp Power @ 1 Ohm (ch x watts): 1 x 4000
- Amp Power @ 2 Ohms (ch x watts): 1 x 2000
- Amp Power @ 4 Ohms (ch x watts): 1 x 1000
- Amp Mono Bridged @ 4 Ohms (ch x watts): N/A
- Amp Crossover: Variable Electronic 12dB Per Octave
- Amp Variable High Pass Crossover 12dB per Octave: N/A
- Amp Variable Low Pass Crossover 12dB per Octave: 30Hz-250Hz
- Amp Tone Control / Parametric EQ: Built-in bass control
- Amp Bass Boost: 0-10dB
- Amp Subsonic Filter: 15Hz-35Hz
- Amp Phase Shift: 0-180 Degrees
- Amp Variable Voltage: 0.2-9V
- Amp Signal to Noise: N/A
- Amp Frequency Response: 10Hz-500Hz
- Amp Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): < 0.1%
- Amp Speaker Level Audio Inputs: Yes
- Pre-amp Audio Outputs: N/A
- Amp Power Terminal 12v/GND: 2 AWG
- Amp Speaker Terminal Wire Gauge: 12 AWG
- Amp Fusing: External
- Product Contains Rechargeable Battery: No
- Shipping Weight (lbs): 13.65
- Shipping Length (in): 21.94
- Shipping Width (in): 11.81
- Shipping Height (in): 4.06
Proposition 65 Notice
?WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including LEAD, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.