Video of APM10B:
Unboxing Video for APM10B:
Authorized Rockville Dealer!
The Rockville APM10 is an Active Home Theater Subwoofer that delivers unbelievable sounding bass! These subs put out an amazing 400 watts peak power and 200 watts RMS power. We spent a lot of time developing the most premium subwoofer we’ve built to date! I am very pleased and excited to talk to you guys about what we did to make this subwoofer sound as good as it does. If you are an audiophile you will find what we did to be quite amazing. Keep in mind, the only reason our price point is not 300 % higher is because you are buying manufacturer direct. We are one of the leading speaker manufacturers in the USA, and we have a state of the art manufacturing process. There is a lot to talk about so I will break it down into sections.
Description of the enclosure:
We chose a wooden enclosure as opposed to a plastic enclosure. The sound characteristics of high quality wood are better than plastic. We only use the highest quality MDF wood. We do not bother with cheap particle board material when we want to make the best speakers. The thickness is 0.7” around and the front board is a full 1” thick to give you the best sound quality possible. The enclosure is built with the perfect amount of air space to maximize sound quality for a studio.
Every livingroom should look beautiful. We believe speakers should enhance the look of a room. We make these subwoofers in 3 beautiful finishes. Painted black, painted white, and wood finish. We use “baking paint” made for wood surfaces. It is long lasting and the best paint for speakers! We went with a beautiful finish that is mostly matte with a slight shine to it. Our designers spent countless hours on the color to make sure it is not only beautiful but elegant as well to improve the appearance of your studio or room. We kept all the controls on the back of the speaker, which will keep the speaker looking very modern and elegant. The front-firing port is built to perfect spec to enhance the sound.
Amplifier and Speaker Components Details:
To get the most efficiency we use a class “D” amplifier. We use the best quality components from the most reputable circuit manufacturers in the world in order to produce crystal clear sound. Most brands do not like to reveal what’s in the guts of the speaker. We feel differently. We want you to know what is inside so you realize how good of a value we are offering and also so that you can understand how good these really are. We use STA309 for audio processing and STA516 for amplification. These are both known to be best in class circuit designs. These components are amazing and allow us to adjust the sound via soft programing on a computer during the design stage to get the perfect sound. STA is the name of the makers of these IC’s. Most people do not know brand names that make circuits; but these are the most famous and reliable in the industry. Only very high-end manufacturers like us use these components.
We use a 10” woofer that will outperform all 10” woofers in this price range! The bass sounds amazing on these! Very clear and punchy! The woofer has an injection molded polypropylene cone. This is an engineered type of plastic that is used on many speakers today. It is strong and puts out a great sound. The rubber woofer surrounds increase sound quality and eliminate unwanted distortions. They sound better than foam surrounds in my opinion, which is why we went with rubber. The specially wound voice coils produce accurate response along for deep, rich lows. We developed the woofer with the most optimized magnet structure, cone, and cabinet space with the goal of reproducing the sound to play back exactly the way it was recorded!
The front-firing port is shaped and designed by sound engineers to reduce port turbulence and deliver distortion free top sound quality!
Our factory uses the latest Precision Glue Machine (Over 500 meter Tunnel Oven). But you may ask why am I talking about glue? Well, actually, the glue on subwoofers is of the upmost importance. If the glue does not hold up, the subwoofer will be done and blow. We use the latest machinery to manufacture these subwoofers. The SPL of the subwoofer goes up when you use better glue and a better machine that can secure the glue in place. If the glue can handle more heat than your subwoofer can handle more power!
Thick “Wadding” protects the inside of the subwoofer cabinet. This can be seen if the subwoofer cabinet is removed. Basically, wadding is a white, artificial silk-like material that we put inside the subwoofer cabinet for multiple reasons. It helps to make the sound more clear, and at the same time protects all the parts inside the subwoofer. This material is also a fire retardant. This is unique to our subwoofers. Most other brands do not take this step due to the cost of the material, but it is a game changer if you are trying to create the best subwoofer!
Inputs and Outputs and Rear Panel Control:
As I mentioned earlier, we kept all the controls on the rear of the unit to make this subwoofer look clean and modern. The volume control, crossover frequency control, phase control, and treble control are all found on the rear of the unit. These subwoofers have all have standard RCA input/outputs.
- Rockville APM10B 10" 400 Watt Active Home Theater Subwoofer in Black
- 200 Watt RMS
- Built-in Class D Amplifier
- Enclosure is made of top quality MDF wood. Our enclosure is not particleboard it is true high-grade MDF! The enclosure is 0.7” thick while the front board of it is a full 1.34” thickness to give you the ultimate best sound quality!
- Comes in 3 enclosure finish options Wood finish painted black. Wood finish painted white.
- Wood finish with vinyl front board
- We use “baking paint” made for wood surface. It lasts long and is the best paint for speakers!
- Beautiful finish is matte with a slight shine to it. Our designers spent a lot of time on the color to make it beautiful and elegant looking to improve the appearance of your studio or room
- The enclosure is built with the perfect amount of air space to maximize sound quality for a studio
- The front-firing port is built to the perfect spec to enhance the sound
- Class “D” Amplifier Circuitry with Auto-Switching Power Supply
- LED Power on/Stand-by Indicator on Rear Panel
- Rubber woofer surrounds increases sound quality and eliminates unwanted distortions
- Computer Optimized Electronic Crossover Network filters out Highs and Mids.
- Front-Firing Port Shaped and Designed by Sound Engineers to Reduce Port Turbulence and Deliver Distortion Free Top Sound Quality!
- We developed the Most Optimized Magnet structure, Cone, and Cabinet Space that Reproduces the Sound to Play Back Exactly the Way it was Recorded!
- Specially Wound Voice Coils Produce Accurate Response along the Low Frequency Spectrum
- Distortion-Free Playback Even at Max Volume Listening! Very Clean Sound!
- Our factory uses the latest Precision Glue Machine (Over 500 meter Tunnel Oven). To put it in simple to understand terms; the glue on woofers is of the upmost importance. If the glue does not hold up, the woofer is done. We use the latest machinery to manufacture these woofers.
- The SPL of the woofer goes up when you use better glue and a better machine the secure the glue in place
- Thick “Wadding” protects inside the subwoofer cabinet – Wadding is a white, artificial silk-like material that we put inside the subwoofer cabinet for multiple reasons. It helps to make the sound come out more clearly, and it also protects all the parts inside the subwoofer. This material is also a fire retardant. This is unique to our subwoofers. Most other brands do not take this step due to the cost of the material, but it is a game changer!
- World-class top of the line audiophile grade components! We use STA309 for audio processing and STA516 for amplification. These are both known to be best in class circuit designs. These components also are amazing and allow us to adjust the sound via soft programing on a computer during the design stage to get the perfect sound. ST is the name of the makers of these IC’s. Most people do not know brands who make circuits, but these are famous in that industry and known to be the best of the best. Only very high end products use these components
- Every subwoofer in Production Undergoes a Computer Generated Sound Check Test to Ensure it Upholds to our Specifications and Standards
- We use a “6Sigma” style Quality Assurance of Each Product (Long story short, each product will work perfectly as advertised for a long, long time!)
- Transducer Production Line to Make the SPL Performance Stable
- Shiny metal mesh grill
- Comes in 3 beautiful finishes: Painted Black, Painted White, Vinyl Wood Finish
Inputs / Outputs / Controls:
- Volume control
- Crossover Frequency Control allows you to adjust low frequency input: 50Hz – 150Hz
- ¼” TRS input jack
- Left and Right XLR input/outputs
- RCA input/outputs
- Certification: CE and RoHS Compliant
- Amplifier: Class D, very efficient amplifier with top components! (ST--STA309, ST--STA516, SMPS)
- Woofer Impedance: 8 Ohm
- Signal to noise ratio: 98 dB (Maximum output with THD+1<1%, A-weight)
- THD: 0.8%
- Frequency Response: 34Hz - 150 KHz
- 400 Watts peak output
- 200 Watt RMS output
- Input voltage: 120V
- 10" woofer with rubber surround and paper cone with painted
- Product Dimensions in Inches: (W*H*D): 13.4'' x 14.5'' x 15.7''
- Shipping Dimensions in Inches: (W*H*D)17.3 ''x 19.3'' x 19.7 '''
- Net Weight: 28.7 LBS
- Shipping Weight: 34.1 LBS
- Input Impedance (Ohms): 10 K Ohm Balanced
- System Volume: (-30dB to +6dB)