- (2) Rockville VOL70100 100 Watt 70v Black Wall Volume Control Zone Controllers
Video of VOL70:
The VOL70100 by Rockville is a 70 volt 100 watt wall volume controller. Our volume controllers are some of the best on the market. These are for constant voltage systems such as 70 volt or 100 volt. The reliability and accuracy is what makes a big difference. Our 11 step controller is precise and accurate.
This model supports any zone with 100 watts or less going to it. The euro-block connectors make installation easily. The terminals are fully detachable. We use a beautifully designed plate that will fit in with your standard décor. These are a standard 1-gang size for easy installation. Internally the circuit board is protected from dust build up to ensure long life.
What is a 70 volt volume controller ?
If you already have a multi zone 70V amplifier then you can go out from any zone and into this volume controller and then out from the controller into the speakers (each speaker is wired from one to the next in parallel). The end result is that you can access the volume control from that room without having to change the volume from the amplifier itself.
What is 70 volt ?
70 volt systems are the number one choice for applications where you want to install many speakers. With 70 volt there are a lot of advantages over 8-ohm systems. One of the main advantages is the simplicity of the wiring as well as how easy it is to match up speakers with the amplifier. For example, you can buy one 70V amplifier with 150 watts and you can install speakers that total around 120 watts. It does not matter if it is 12 speakers that are 10 watts each or 24 speakers that are tapped at 5 watts each. You always want your 70 volt amp to have at least 15 to 20% more power than the combined watts your speakers are tapped at.
When we say the word tap, we are referring to the switch that is located on the rear of these speakers where you can select how many watts you want the speaker to play. What this does is limit how many watts the built-in transformer on the speaker will allow the speaker to get from the amplifier. This gives you full customization over the sound for your space. In a restaurant for example you can tap your dining room speakers at 6 watts, and the hallway or bathroom speakers at 3 watts.
Another great feature with 70 volt is you can mix and match any 70 volt speakers whether they are ceiling speakers, wall mounted speakers, subwoofers, etc. 70 volt systems allow you to run very long lines of speaker wire without signal loss. This is ideal when running long speaker leads.
The wiring is simple. You just wire all the positive terminals of the speakers to the positive 70 volt terminals of the amplifier. The negative terminals on the speaker simply get wired to the negative terminals on the amp. You do not have to worry about impedance. The power is constant.
- Rockville VOL70100 100 Watt 70 Volt Wall Volume Control Zone Controllers
- 16-24 AWG wire inputs
- Rugged ABS Frame
- Power Rating: 100W (works with 100 Watts and under)
- Total Attenuation: 30dB
- Dimensions: 4.5”(H) x 2.75”(W) x 2.88”(D) (including the knob)
- Item Weight: 0.77 Lbs
- Rotating volume control with 11 step attenuation with absolute off
- 70, 100 volt operation (also works with lower constant voltage systems)
- Detachable Euro-block terminal connector allows you to quickly and easily connect speaker wire
- White single gang plate fits standard single gang electrical boxes
- Attractive design will fit in well with your standard decor
- White Plastic Plates with Matching Same Color Knobs
- Dependable performance with protection from dust (internal board is protected with special tape)
- Excellent frequency response so you do not get any signal deterioration
- Mounting screws are included
- It is recommended that this volume control be mounted in a "backless" junction box so it gets adequate ventilation
- If an enclosed box is to be used, we recommend a deep box (3.5 inches in depth)
- Premium-quality volume control
- Color: Black